Hats off to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police’s uniform has become an emblem of Canada’s history. And it would of course be incomplete without the famous felt hat, with its large flat brim and high, four-dents crown, also called “Montana Peak”!
This hat and its western cousins progressively replaced the pith helmet, de rigueur for parades, and were originally worn as a non-official patrol hat by the members of the North-West Mounted Police. Indeed, they were more practical, offered better solar protection and were waterproof thanks to the beaver fur they were made of. It is only in 1904 that the four-dents hat we know today was integrated to the rules pertaining to the official uniform.
With the emblematic Montana Hat, Bailey pays homage to this iconic style. It is made of rigid wool felt, is fitted with a comfortable leather sweatband, which makes it pleasant to wear in any occasion. The crown is encircled with a detailed and elegant leather band.
Features of the Montana hat
- Material : 100% Wool Felt
- Height : 5 ¼ ” (13,35 cm)
- Brim : 3 ½” (8,89 cm) Flat brim
- Crown : Four dents, also called « Montana Peak ».
- Hat Band : Leather 1” (2,54 cm)
- Lining : Unlined
- Sweatband : Leather
- Colors : Pecan
- Sizes : S, M, L, XL
- Season : Fall, Winter
- Gender : Unisex
- Brand : Bailey
- Origin : Made in Canada
- Maintenance : Avoid wearing your Bailey Montana under heavy rain for more than 15 consecutive minutes. For any question relative to hat cleaning, care and maintenance, feel free to contact our team of professional hatters, or read all about our cleaning & reblocking services!
- Size Guide : With a soft measuring tape, take your head’s circumference in centimeters, passing by the middle of your forehead and about a centimeter above your ear. Refer to the size guide to accurately assess your head size.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Montana BAILEY Wool Felt Hat