Elegance never gets old
The shape of the boater hat appeared in the millinery shops of the 19th century, reached the peak of its glory days during the end of the Victorian era and stayed popular through the Edwardian era up to the 1920’s. This hat, originally meant to be reserved for nautical activities, as hints its name, will become a hat worn all day and even to some informal evening events. Adopted by men and women alike in a more or less stiff version, simply circled with a ribbon for the gentlemen and decorated according to fashion or fancy for the ladies, the boater hat has become one of the great classics, still worn by both men and women to this day.
Mayser’s Gondolo Hat, with its flat crown, short flat brim and contrasting ribbon, offered in black or striped, is brimming with simple, elegant and slightly vintage charm that will follow you anywhere, from a stroll on the shore to a night on the town.
This version from Mayser is more souple and lightweight than its victorian ancester all while keeping its distinguished and classic style. These qualities are obtained thanks to its material: the Toquilla palm hand-woven in Ecuador, typical of Panama hats. The ancestral technique used gives its tight weave a gorgeous circular pattern and good solar protection capacities. Afterwards, the Gondolo Hat is sent to Europe to get finished with a ribbon and a sweatband. It is also coated with a light varnish which protects it from droplets of water.
WARNING: We strongly advise against rolling Panama hats. We recommend storing plant-based hats in a hatbox to better preserve their shape.
Features of the Gondolo Hat
- Material : 100% Toquilla Palm
- Height : 8 cm (3 ⅛”)
- Brim : Flat, 5,5 cm (2")
- Crown : Flat
- Hat Band : 3,81 cm (1 ½”) Black or Striped ribbon
- Lining : Unlined
- Sweatband : Breathable cotton band
- Colors : Natural
- Sizes : 54-55 cm S / 56-57 cm M / 58-59 cm L
- UV Protection : UV 30, tested according to UV STANDARD 801
- Season : Spring, Summer
- Gender : Unisex
- Brand : Mayser
- Origin : Designed in Germany, Woven in Ecuador, Finished in Slovakia.
- Maintenance : Water-repellent. Do not fold and keep in a hat box for better protection. For any question relative to hat cleaning, care and maintenance, feel free to contact our team of professional hatters, or read all about our cleaning & reblocking services!
- Size Guide : With a soft measuring tape, take your head’s circumference in centimeters, passing by the middle of your forehead and about a centimeter above your ear. Refer to the size guide to accurately assess your head size.
4 stars based on 1 reviews
Add your review
Review Gondolo Hat