A Genuine Panama Hat
The Forty-Eight hat is a fedora hat made of grade 8 genuine Panama straw. This exquisite straw has been handwoven in the mountains of Ecuador for centuries. Panama hats take their name from the construction of the Panama canal. Many Ecuadorian workers sought their fortunes in the colossal groundworks, and brought their straw hats with them. Their lightweight, vented hats were so popular that they spread like wildfire among the workers, the formen, and then the world.
The Forty-Eight is of a simple, elegant construction. The unbleached body showcases the beautiful natural tones of Panama straw, and the classic teardrop crown is decorated with a slim grosgrain band for added discreet elegance.
Turn it upside down and you will find a genuine sheepskin sweatband. In addition to providing a snug fit and unparalleled comfort, it helps prevent the apparition of sweat stains in the straw.
This summer, choose a unisex and elegant Panama straw summer hat that will easily blend in your formal and casual summer wardrobes. Find the Forty-Eight hat by Stetson at the Henri Henri hat store or on our online store with fast shipping!
Features of the Forty-Eight Hat
- Material : Grade 8 Genuine Panama Straw
- Shape : Fedora
- Height : 4 ¼” (11,43 cm)
- Brim : 2 ½” (6,35 cm)
- Crown : Teardrop
- Hat Band : Grosgrain
- Lining : Unlined
- Sweatband : Genuine Sheepskin
- Colors : Natural
- Sizes : 6 ⅞” - 7 ½” (55 cm - 60 cm)
- Season : Summer
- Gender : Unisex
- Brand : Stetson
- Origin :
- Genuine Panama Straw handwoven in Ecuador
- Shaping and finition in the United States.
- Maintenance : The Forty-Eight hat is made of 100% natural plant fibre. It is therefore strongly recommended to avoid water exposure. To prevent deformation and uneven coloration, store your hat in a hat box as often as you can. Be careful not to pinch the crown of your Forty-Eight hat, as it may tear or break the straw. THE STETSON FORTY-EIGHT HAT IS NOT ROLLABLE. If you have any questions concerning the cleaning and reblocking of your Forty-Eight hat, never hesitate to consult our team of professional hatters!
- Size Guide : Measure the circumference of your head at eyebrow ridge height, going slightly over the ears.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Forty-Eight Hat